size 3.69 MB
PQ33 is a mixing equalizer loosely based on Portico 5033 hardware unit.
The goal was to create effective plugin that won’t distract with flashy graphics and animations, that will disregard exact numerical values and place focus on the sound and finally, prioritize user-friendliness over complexity. Try it and see if this approach makes equalization easier for you.
PQ33 is efficient, minimum-phase equalizer with seven filters. Three of them are fully parametric, two are semiparametric and two are pass filters. Operating ranges for all knobs are moderate and appropriate for music equalization, so for extreme boosts/cuts or lab precision you should use some other EQ. Everything is kept simple and straight-forward to let you quickly sculpt desired spectrum curve.
- 3 peak filters with overlapping ranges, identical gains and Q factors (LMF, MF & HMF).
- 2 shelving filters for lows and highs (LF & HF).
- High-pass (12 dB/oct) and low-pass (6, 12 and 24 dB/oct) filters.
- Authentic saturation stage.
- All knobs are continuous, allowing fine adjustments of each control.
- All gains, including input trim, have +/-12dB operating range.
- 32-bit internal processing and support for most common sample rates.
- 16 presets, including very useful curves for complete mixes.
PQ33 ( 3.69 MB )